Roots of the Bank date back to the 1890´s

  • 1890 - First National Bank of Opelousas established - Opelousas, LA
  • 1894 - First National Bank of Opelousas conversion to a State Bank (St. Landry State Bank) - Opelousas, LA
  • 1895 - The Peoples State Bank established - Opelousas, LA
  • 1901 - Eunice State Bank established - Eunice, LA
  • 1919 - Merger of St. Landry State Bank and Peoples State Bank to form St. Landry Bank & Trust - Opelousas, LA
  • 1921 - Merger of St. Landry Bank & Trust and Opelousas National Bank - Opelousas, LA
  • 1923 - Southern Banking Company established - Eunice, LA
  • 1930 - Merger of Eunice Bank & Trust Company with Southern Banking Company - Eunice, LA
  • 1931 - St. Landry Bank & Trust acquires Southern Banking Company - Eunice, LA
  • 1931 - New bank charter established as St. Landry Bank and Trust Company
  • 1990 - St. Landry Bank & Trust acquires First Louisiana Federal Savings Bank
  • 1992 - St. Landry Bank & Trust acquires Progressive National Bank

 
           
             

 

  • For a look back in time on the history of the bank, see the following story on StLandryNow:

A Look Back in Time - St. Landry Bank and Trust Company


Bank Leadership

 

  Appointed President and CEO - December 1931

Born in Plaquemine, LA in1893, Mr. Hirsch served as President and Chairman of the Board of St. Landry Bank for 15 years until his untimely death in 1947 on his 54th birthday.  He was a veteran of the first World War and served as St. Landry Chairman of war bond drives.  He was a member and past President of the Opelousas Rotary and Chamber of Commerce. 

He was also a member of the Elks Lodge, American Legion, Masons, Shriners, and the B'nai B'rith national Jewish organization.  Mr. Hirsch was a former chairman of the Southwest Regional Clearing House Association, and a member of the legislative committee of the State Bankers Association.
 
Morris A. Hirsch 
 
     
  Appointed President and CEO - July 1947

Born in Thibodaux, LA in 1889, Mr. Dezauche served as President and Chairman of the Board of St. Landry Bank for over 10 years until his death in January 1958.  He was a member of the Association of Commerce, the Rotary Club, the Louisiana Bankers Association and the Southwest Clearing House Association.

He received the Association of Commerce's first citizenship award in 1946 for outstanding civic work.

William Allen Dezauche    
     
  Appointed President and CEO - January 1958

Born in Opelousas, LA in 1921, Mr. Tomlinson served as President and Chairman of the Board of St. Landry Bank for over 29 years until his death in April 1987.  He was a navigator and a U.S. Army Air Force veteran of World War II.  Tomlinson was a member of Westminster Presbyterian Church, VFW and American Legion. He also served as President and Chairman of the Board of First Federal Savings and Loan Association. 

He was president of Opelousas-St. Landry Securities Company, Inc., a holding company owned by St. Landry Bank.
 
Robert S. Tomlinson    
     
  Appointed President and CEO - April 1987

Born in Opelousas, LA in 1946, Mr. Tomlinson served as President and Chairman of the Board of St. Landry Bank for over 25 years until his retirement in January 2013.  He enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1968 and served until 1972, where he trained to be an Aviation Data Analyst and Computer Operator aboard the USS Franklin D. Roosevelt aircraft carrier. 

Tomlinson was a board member and Treasurer of Sertoma, Inc; board member of the US Junior Chamber; board member, Treasurer, and founding member for GEOIDC (Greater Economic Opelousas Industrial Development District); board member and founding member for SLEIDD (St. Landry Economic and Industrial Development District).  Additionally, Mr. Tomlinson was a board member, Treasurer for FNBB (First National Bankers' Bank) in Baton Rouge, LA.
 
Robert S. Tomlinson, Jr.    
     
  Appointed President and CEO - January 2013
Michelle R. Poulet    
     
  Appointed CEO - December 2022

Robert S. Tomlinson, III    

   

engraving of a bank building